Sunday, January 20, 2013

I sent this beautiful girl to heaven today because age and years and disease made me.  I have had a very bad day to say the least.  So I wrote a poem for my Zobert...which I shall read at her funeral tomorrow.  RIP my Zhoe, Zobert, Zozo, Zobie or Zobalina...we love you!!!!

For Zobert:

My little white lie
Daddy saw it in my eyes
That's how I brought you home
We kept you safe in our dome

In and out our door each day
Passing the landlord saying nothing but, "Hey!"
I kept you hidden in a sort of bag
I prayed a showed  tail would not wag

We were promptly exposed
No other option was posed
Forced to choose
Without you we would lose

The years passed by quickly
with pups that were quite prickly
Mommy and Daddy were married
Through it all, such grace you carried

A new house later and a baby to boot
Did not matter, you ruled the roost
Through moving, and babies and puppies galore
You never once tried to walk out that door

You were mostly so grateful
Yet sometimes quite bitchy and hateful
I loved that about you
If nothing else you were real and true

So many years I've relied on your strength
At times you've even kept me at arms length
Dogs have a human side not many can see
That was never the case between you and me

I rescued you from a life of despair
You rescued me from one need of repair
Right by my side when you knew I needed it
Dragging me out of that bottomless pit

Today was so hard, even harder to explain
I feel like there's nothing left of my brain
You were so calm, so ready to go
Once glance at you - I could not say no

I held you so tight until the very end
You will always be my greatest friend
I will love you til the day I die
Until we again meet up in the sky.

I love you my Zobert, I miss you so much already...love you my baby girl.  


No comments:

Post a Comment