Monday, May 7, 2012

A homage and final farewell to the Dude...

 He was an amazing gift from my wonderful mother. It apparently was a secret for over a month or so that he would be given to me on Christmas.  It was the best Christmas since I got my Barbie house a long time ago.  I had such high hopes for Dude and his life with us...unfortunately that was short lived.  Him in combination with the other five in the house I take care of proved too much and it was not doing him any favors by having so little attention.  He is a beautiful boy...and I have no reservations that his new home will be so much better for him.  He now has a daddy that wants to work with him, a stay at home mom, twin six year old girls and an eight year old boy that will give him all the attention he deserves.  I miss him though.  And I will for awhile.  It is going to take a long time to get used to only calling for Zobert to go outside for potty time.  I still think twice about leaving the bedroom doors open so he can't get in them.  The cat seems a little lost without him.  I will miss him keeping me warm and snuggling on the couch late at night when he was being a good lazy dog.  I will miss watching him and Abigail wrestling and playing...as will she as she informed me this evening.  But...bright side is we can easily go visit him from time to time.  No more washing out his cage every two days.  No more pacing the floors above my head while trying to relax.  No more whining.  No more bellowing, not barking...bellowing while I am trying to get Sophia to sleep.  No more using the house or my flower bed as a bathroom.  No more throwing toys away because he ate an arm or leg off of something.  No more caging Abigail between chairs to eat dinner to keep him from snatching food from her...and only her.  Now Sophia can crawl all over without the risk of going through a puddle I didn't see.  (NO, that never happened but so easily could have.)  Back to spending $8 dollars a month on dog food versus $20 a week.  The cons definitely out weigh the pros.  I love my mom so much for doing this for me...and he is great.  We tried as long as we could to keep him.  I know some will miss the bitching about the damn dog Dude...but we did what we had to do.  At least he went to a good family.  So this one's for you Dude...love you buddy!!  You are where you need to be with a family that has the time and attention to give you!



til next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment